Monday, September 5, 2016

Skullcap pattern

Just like so many other sewers I have trouble parting with my scraps. I have been looking for a way to use them. I saw a great little skullcap pattern and figured that I could use my scraps for the cap part and use a coordinating fabric for the band and ties. The pattern is only $2.50 and can be found here Etsy. I made mine out of knit and it worked fine and has a great fit. In some caps I made the ties wider and longer and usually I made the band/ties double thickness. I'll try to make a tutorial in the near future.


This is the skullcap done without any alterations to the pattern. The velour is slippery and hard to sew.
One of my favorites, both cap and band/ties are ITY knit. I made the ties longer and wider.
The 3 part cap makes for a great fit.
The velour knit again, this time I doubled the band/ties and made the ties longer and wider.



The long ties may be tied into a floppy bow for a more feminine look.
The back of a skullcap sewn without any alterations to the pattern.
The cap part is ITY knit and the ties are ponte knit, long and wide ties are rounded at the ends.

My favorite fabric, if fabric has 4 way stretch then ties/band can be cut in any direction.


Medium length ties, print and solid ITY knits.



Another ITY knit with extra long and wide ties.










No comments: